Towards circular economy of Textiles
Up to 150 textile recycling and circular economy professionals and experts are expected to gather together in Helsinki area this September to discuss the latest achievements and research results which will support the closed-loop textile recycling ecosystem to come true.
9:30 Registration and coffee
10:00 Opening words, Tiina Nakari-Setälä, VTT
- Roadmap for recycled textiles in Finland in 2020’s, Ali Harlin, VTT
- Reshaping the Fashion system – Summary of research results from Mistra Future Fashion, Sigrid Barnekow, Mistra Future Fashion
- Fibre-to-fibre recycling: SCAP and ECAP update, Cecile Martin, WRAP
- Automated textile sorting in the SIPTex project, Maria Elander, IVL Swedish Environmental Research Institute
13:00 Revolutionizing textile industry, Sirpa Pietikäinen, Finnish Member of the European Parliament
- Circular textiles, new possibilities, Outi Luukko, TouchPoint Ltd
- Pure Waste Textiles Ltd − Towards post-consumer waste use with Telaketju, Jukka Pesola, PureWaste Textiles Ltd
- Closing the loop for cotton fibers, Petri Alava, Infinited Fiber Company Ltd
- Future steps of postconsumer textile refining in Finland, Jukka Heikkilä, Lounais-Suomen Jätehuolto
14:30 COFFEE and exhibition of Telaketju materials and products.
- Practical aspects of end-of-life textile collection, Milja Kokko, doing Bachelor’s thesis in Turku University of Applied Sciences
- How to produce recycled textile raw material at reasonable price? The effect of different textile collection and processing practices on price, Ville Hinkka, VTT
- Suitability and identification of textile waste as a raw material for different processes, Taina Kamppuri, VTT
- Demonstrating new materials and products from recycled textile fibres, Eetta Saarimäki, VTT
- Looking forwards − Telaketju II, Pirjo Heikkilä, VTT
16:30 -> Networking sponsored by Finnish Textile & Fashion.
The seminar would be an excellent place to network and share information with experts of recycling and circular economy in industry, business and in research, and meet the key persons in companies participating Telaketju network, as well as those parties planning to join in.
The seminar Towards Circular Economy of Textiles will take place this September 18, in Espoo, Finland. Registration is required and open -> Register now.
Time: September 18, 2018
Place: Hanaholmen – Swedish-Finnish Cultural Centre
Hanasaarenranta 5, 02100 Espoo, Finland
The seminar is free, but if you need to cancel you participation, please notify by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11.9.2018. Otherwise we will charge as arrangement costs 100 € (+ VAT 24 %)